Become a Junior Watershed Explorer
In this program, you will explore the Nine Mile Creek Watershed, complete fun indoor and outdoor activities, and learn about your relationship with water. Complete activities in the booklet and become a Junior Watershed Explorer.
About the Junior Watershed Explorer Program
Complete indoor and outdoor activities in the booklet to become a Junior Watershed Explorer. Finish the required amount of activities and you will receive a free Junior Watershed Explorer sticker and water bottle! This booklet is geared towards kids in grades 3-8, but can be adapted to older and younger children.
In the booklet, you will:
- Explore where you live in the watershed
- Understand how water moves over surfaces and through the ground
- Learn about aquatic invasive species (AIS)
- Predict how climate change will affect the watershed
- Learn how to protect Minnesota water, plants, and animals
There are two ways to participate. Click on the booklet cover to download a PDF copy of the booklet, or fill out the form below to receive a free, mailed paper copy.
Fill out my online form.