Seeking Citizen Advisors for the Nine Mile Creek Watershed District
The Nine Mile Creek Watershed District is accepting applications to fill up to two positions on the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC). The CAC is a volunteer advisory group that supports the watershed district in its mission to manage, restore, and protect water resources.
As a member of the CAC, your role will be to advise the Nine Mile Creek Board of Managers as a representative of citizen interests. This includes informing the board about issues of concern from the public, learning about water resource issues and management in the district, and providing assistance for volunteer activities.
Application are due by 5 PM on Monday, January 9, 2017. CAC members must live or work within the district. The Nine Mile Creek Board of Managers will make 2017 CAC appointments at the January 18 Board meeting.
How do I Apply?
Read the CAC Volunteer Position Description, and decide if the CAC is a good fit for you.
Fill out an application, and return it by 5 PM on January 9.
Download: CAC Position Description and Application (PDF)
2017 CAC Meeting Schedule
- January 11, 6:30-8 PM, Business and Education Planning Meeting
- April 5, 6-8 PM, Residential Cost Share Grant Review
- September (Tentatively Scheduled for 5-7:30 PM on 9/13), Fall Tour of District Projects
- October (Tentatively Scheduled for 9 AM-Noon on Saturday 10/28), Buckthorn Bust at Discovery Point
- December 13, 6:30-8 PM, State of Nine Mile Creek Waters Address and Volunteer Appreciation Gathering
Contact Erica, Education & Outreach Program Manager, at 952-358-2276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.