The Nine Mile Creek Watershed District is partnering with the City of Edina to implement stormwater improvements at Bristol & Mavelle Park.
The project goals are to:
- Improve the water quality of Lake Edina and downstream water resources
- Reduce flood risk in the South Cornelia neighborhood
- Enhance natural resources, including improving pollinator habitat
- Keep a portion of the space open for passive recreation
- Consult residents in the process
This project is part of the larger Lake Cornelia & Lake Edina Improvement Project.
Construction began the fall of 2022 on the Lynmar Basin Stormwater Retrofit project.
- Grading and storm sewer work began in September 2022 and work continued through November. The site was closed up and cleaned up for the year at the end of November.
- Installation of limestone outcroppings and stepping stones will occur in spring 2023
- Seeding and planting will occur in spring 2023
For more detailed construction updates, visit: www.bettertogetheredina.org/bristol-mavelle-park
A public hearing for the Lynmar Basin Stormwater Retrofit project was held on March 3, 2022. Thank you to all the interested residents that attended. The Nine Mile Creek Watershed District Board of Managers ordered the project at its March 16, 2022, regular board meeting. Read the project feasibility report.
Multiple open houses and community meetings were held to gather community feedback about the concept plan for this project. Find more information about those meetings on the City of Edina’s project page: bettertogetheredina.org/bristol-mavelle-park
Studies and Reports
Lynmar Basin Feasibility Report
Lake Cornelia and Lake Edina Water Quality Improvement Project Feasibility Study/Preliminary Engineering Report
Lake Cornelia and Lake Edina Water Quality Improvement Project Feasibility Study/Preliminary Engineering Report Appendices
Lake Cornelia and Lake Edina Water Quality Study Summary_2019
Lake Cornelia and Lake Edina Water Quality Study_2019
Lake Cornelia and Lake Edina Water Quality Study Appendices
The District has received grant funds from the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources funds through the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment, for planning, design and construction work for the project to offset capital improvement funds utilized by the District to implement the project.
Check out the Better Together Edina website for additional information on this project: bettertogetheredina.org/bristol-mavelle-park
Contact Randy Anhorn, District Administrator, at 952-835-2078.