Job Posting: Intern
Application Due Date: May 31, 2017
Position Title: Intern
Position Status: Temporary
Reports To: District Administrator/Program Manager
Hours: 20-40 hours/week with occasional weekend and evening work
Term: June through September/October
Candidate will develop/enhance their knowledge of watershed management, natural resources and local government, while providing support for the District’s permitting and education & outreach activities.
- Assist in administrating the Districts permit program including:
- Maintain the Nine Mile Creek Watershed District’s (District) permit database
- Work with District engineers in reviewing permit applications and preparing permit letters
- Provide information to the public via telephone and e-mail
- Assist with the implementation of District education outreach program activities, including, but not limited to:
- Promote education events and programs
- Coordinate registration and logistics for a wide variety of programs and events
- Represent the District at several outreach and community events during the summer (includes set-up, take-down, and prep, along with engagement with the public during the events). This includes evening and weekend events.
- Help coordinate programs and activities at the District office, Discovery Point
- Assist with the District’s cost-share grant program by conducting site visits to shoreline restorations and raingardens and other follow-up on completed projects or contacting past grantees to determine the status of their projects.
- Various office duties including word processing, copying, email correspondence, research and information gathering, photography, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- High school diploma; currently enrolled or successfully earned a bachelor or graduate degree in water and natural resources management, environmental education, landscape architecture, urban planning, geography, civil engineering, or related field. Graduates may also apply
- Ability to work independently within a coordinated team framework
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Candidate must be confident in conflict resolution skills
- Valid driver’s license and own means of transportation for business purposes
- Experience using Microsoft Access, GIS, GPS and Microsoft Office is preferred.
Mail or email letter of interest and resume by May 31, 2017 to:
Randy Anhorn, Nine Mile Creek Watershed District, 12800 Gerard Drive, Eden Prairie MN 55346