Join our team! The Nine Mile Creek Watershed District is hiring a Permitting and Water Resources Coordinator. Please see below for details and to apply.
Application Due Date: Friday, September 28, 2018, 4:30 PM
Position Title: Permitting and Water Resources Coordinator
Position Status: Permanent, Full Time
Reports To: District Administrator/Program Manager
Salary: $45,600 – $68,400
The Permit and Water Resources Coordinator is responsible for the permitting program and providing assistance for the implementation of various District water resource management programs and projects. The individual will work with the permitting team in reviewing and managing the permitting program for the District. The individual will also work in partnership with staff, the District Engineer, agency and city counterparts, community members and private contractors to support implementation of the District’s water resource management programs and projects.
- Assist Permit Team in the review of permit applications, site plans, and other materials; help perform investigations and research to make recommendations on permit approvals, variances or exceptions.
- Assist in the preparation of reports regarding permit issuance for the Board of Managers.
- Communicates and corresponds with cities, builders, contractors, engineers, and the public concerning District permit related activities.
- Develop and maintain database and filing systems for permits and permitting related issues.
- Serve on the Wetland Conservation Act Technical Environmental Panel and review wetland notifications.
- Assists in the development of District Rules, policies, procedures and guidance documents relating to permitting.
Water Resources (30%)
Provide various levels of support for the implementation of the District’s water resource management programs and projects, including but not limited to:
- The District’s internal cost share grant program (including providing technical support to potential applicants, tracking on-going grant projects, inspection of implemented BMPs)
- The District’s water resources monitoring programs
- TMDL, WRAPS and other load allocation studies on District water resources
- External grant writing and fulfilling reporting needs for grants successfully obtained
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
Experience: An undergraduate degree in Natural Resources/Environmental Science or related field is required, with at least five years of related work experience. Must possess excellent communication skills, organizational skills and demonstrate experience in organizing and coordinating groups of people. Must be willing to travel throughout the watershed and organize/attend occasional evening and weekend meetings. Must possess valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle. Perform outdoor activities that require walking in diverse field conditions, exposures not limited to heat and wet conditions, and position changes, lifting, pushing, and pulling requirement up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Demonstrated project organization and management/leadership skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft products, P8, Hydrocad, MIDS calculator and Arc GIS
• Knowledgeable of watershed-based planning, urban environmental planning, and preservation and restoration of urban ecosystems
• Knowledge of public process in government, urban resource management and environmental issues, storm water management practices, program management techniques, public education/public information, design and graphics, and group dynamics and interaction
• Landscape design and/or stormwater best management practice design experience
• Able to analyze technical reports
• Able to develop/coordinate/facilitate work teams and individuals
• Advanced public speaking, writing, facilitation, networking, conflict resolution, and interpersonal communication skills
• Able to work successfully with considerable independence
Mail or email cover letter, resume, and three references by 4:30 PM Friday, September 28, 2018 to:
Randy Anhorn, Nine Mile Creek Watershed District, 12800 Gerard Drive, Eden Prairie MN 55346